Saturday, September 15, 2007

preschool at home

So, just recently I put Sadie in a preschool class and she went the first day and she liked it and had fun and all. But later that same day I got to thinking...again. I really should stop thinking all the time....life wouldn't be as complicated. But anyhoo, I was thinking that maybe it would be fun to do preschool with Sadie and I could teach her and spend time with her while Parker napped in the mornings. So, I asked her a few times if she wanted to go to preschool with her friends or do preschool at home with mommy and every time I asked she said at home with mommy. And I have to tell you, it has been so fun! I have loved every second of it. We read and do crafts and she is learning how to write the alphabet. I just love being able to spend quality time with her while Parker naps.
Here are some things that she has made...I know that it isn't very exciting to look at, but you should see how excited she gets when she finishes a project...it's very cute!



3 comments:

Danielle said...

I did preschool at home with a group of friends and we switched and it was a lot of fun. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it were just Paul. Sometimes other peoples kids get annoying. It was fun for him to play with other kids though.

Creative Corner said...

I have to say that is the BEST idea, why didnt my kindergarten school teaching mind kick in and think of that...probably because that part of the brain isnt even there anymore! Where do you get the material. I totally need to be spending more quality time with Sydney these days and havent taken the time to do it but I am going to. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks for the post!

Bonnie said...

Jaymi-
I actually just got on the internet and found some really good websites that I get stuff from. Here are a few:
http://www.dltk-kids.com/
http://www.kaboose.com/
http://www.everythingpreschool.com/
Good luck with it! It is fun, you will enjoy doing preschool with her.