Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dreaming....

I had a dream two nights ago that we were done with school. We were packing up and getting ready to go. It was the best feeling and we were so excited. Tyler has been in school our whole marriage, so I couldn't believe that we were finally done! Life was good.
Then I heard Parker cry and I slowly opened my eyes and woke up to reality. I lay there for a sec., just to make sure that it was not real and that we really do still have a year and a half. For a moment I was bummed, that was only a dream? oh man. But that only lasted for a small moment....because I am happy where we are at right now. (keep telling myself that, huh?). No really, these times have been so fun for us. We have enjoyed living on our own and we have learned so much about each other and about life. I love where we live and we have such wonderful friends out here! I am soooo excited to be done, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else then where we are at right now. Life IS good. The hard times and the struggles help us to be better people. We have learned a lot from them.

3 comments:

Kat said...

What a nice, yet reality-check, kind of dream! Sorry it won't be for awhile! I finally grad in May, and I cannot wait! It consumes you in a way like nothing else does! You are a trooper for hanging in there... both of you. The kids are looking so cute... :)

Danielle said...

I know how you feel...trust me. I still feel like we are in school even though Paul is doing his residency. It is nice to be done with most of the tests. I think he still has two or three to go so technically we are still in school. I can't wait for another 2 1/2 years. You will be done before us...that sucks since we have been at it longer.

Anonymous said...

wah wah wah... I love you! Don't even get me started on the dreaming it was all over. Some of our friends out here just signed contracts for "real" jobs this past month. Which made it all the harder. One signed for $325,000/yr plus 12 weeks vacation!!! Sign me up right? It was in Montana but hey still sounds pretty good. I can't believe how little time left you guys have. We're still out another 3 1/2 yrs. possibly 4 1/2 if he does a fellow.
We're going home to UT in March maybe we'll get to see each other?? I miss my cute friends and their kids that are getting bigger all the time. Love You.