I have been reading a book that my sister Debbie gave me called 'The Secret' and although I don't necessarily believe everything this book says...I like the idea of it and I am loving reading it. It is about always having positive thoughts. And just those three words alone have changed my life. I have been trying to be more positive and it has made me realize that every situation that I encounter is a learning experience for me.
There is one specific quote that really struck me:
"If you are complaining, the law of attraction will powerfully bring into your life more situations for you to complain about. If you are listening to someone else complain and focusing on that, sympathizing with them, agreeing with them, in that moment, you are attracting more situations to yourself to complain about." I have witnessed this in my own life.
Another quote that I love is:
"If you thought that you were insignificant and had no power in this world, think again. Your mind is actually shaping the world around you."
I like this because in life you choose if you want to be happy or not, things happen, good and bad....but you are the only one that can decide how you are going to react to these situations and you decide if you are going to be negative, or positive. You create your life with your thoughts. I have made it a goal to be more positive so that I can have more happiness in my life.
Weight Lost, for good
15 years ago
3 comments:
It's a great book huh! I know what you mean about not agreeing with everything in it... I feel the same. However it does have some great quotes... which you displayed, and some great reminders to be positive. It really helps! Thanks for sharing!
Great quotes. I have to try to always keep a positive attitude with my life b/c most of the time other people really wouldn't be able to handle it. Being the wife of a dr is a hard thing and there are many rough patches but I look at what I have to be gratiful for everyday and it seriously helps me. I would much rather be with a happy person than someone who complains all the time. I am trying really hard to be the no complainer and be a supporter but it hard and I have my moments. Just as long as I don't have a moment every day all day long.
Bonnie you totally need to read Carol Tuttle's book "Remembering Wholeness." It takes the "secret" to a whole new level. For details read my blog but the results for me have been amazing. Love and miss you guys.
Post a Comment