I am way behind on posting things on my blog, but at least I do get around to doing it. Omaha has the craziest weather!! And apparently this year has been the worst in like 15 years...the worst winter and the most tornadoes and storms. This storm happened Friday and it was the worst storm that I have ever been in. It was scary and kind of exciting at the same time. We were all taking a nap in the Rasmussen house (that doesn't happen ever!) and actually it was kind of frustrating because we had just gotten Parker to sleep, which took an hour because for some reason he just didn't want to go to sleep, but he was tired. Then about 10 minutes later the storm hit. The hail was pounding on the windows and it was so loud. It scared Sadie pretty bad and woke her up and of course Parker woke up scared too. Tyler and I had just fallen asleep on the couch when all of a sudden we heard the hail and everything, we jumped up and we looked out our window and all of a sudden our patio swing flies through the air right in front of us and crashes into our neighbors window...shattering it. That is when I realized that this was going to be more serious than "just' a storm. A few minutes later it stopped and as I looked around, I saw huge trees that had fallen everywhere. I really could not believe it. Everyone went outside to asses the damage and it was pretty bad. Big old trees were uprooted and had fallen onto some of the townhouses and the power lines, leaving holes in the ground and making our power go out for a couple days. Our power came back on the next afternoon, but some people didn't have power until Monday.
The next morning after the storm, Parker and Tyler were throwing up and there was throw up all over Parkers sheets and then he threw up on the floor downstairs and we had no power to do laundry or to carpet clean, so our house smelled like a big throw up bowl. I am so glad our power came on that day!! I got sick later that day and I was sick for 2 days. Sadie never got it. I think we got food poisoning because a bunch of people went out to eat because we had no power and Sadie was the only one that didn't eat. That is the only time I was glad that Sadie would rather play than eat! This week has been a crazy one and a lot has happened, but I am glad that everyone is safe and we all have our houses. There is so much to be grateful for everyday of our lives...even in Omaha!! :)
Weight Lost, for good
15 years ago






5 comments:
looks scary
I'm sorry you guys were sick! At least you didn't have to go without power for too long. I'm glad that your swing is still usable...I thought it was a goner!
Holy crap, Bonnie! What a week! I am glad you are all safe and not puking. Can't wait to see you soon!
Wow!! That's crazy!! It sounds like Bryce & I got out of Omaha just in time! I'm glad you guys are safe and that you had no major damage. I hope the weather straightens out for you guys and you can enjoy the rest of the summer!
WOW. So glad you guys are ok! When I read about the swing hitting another persons window I was thinking -"oh no"
So sorry you were sick too! IT sucks huh. I am right now, so I'm in a sympathizing mood
It was so good to see you- even if it was at costco gas! We will be back up next year, so we will have to get together :) I just got back home and had the best time. I'm excited for you to go and spend time with your fam. Have a great time girl!
Oh yes, your fam pictures are AMAZING! you all look so great, esp you!! I love them all
Post a Comment