So yesterday Sadie and I were playing our 6th game of Memory and I happened to win this time. Sadie usually does not care if someone else wins. In fact, she has been known to not use her unicorn card free space card in the game Sequence because she does not want to win and have the game be over.
She must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday or something because she got all upset when I won and she went in the other room and crawled under a table where there were a pile of her dress ups. by the way, we were in the basement. I sat down on the couch and began to tell her that it is ok to lose sometimes and that it is important to be a good sport about it.
She looked out from the table and I looked at her...ok I am getting all itchy and squirmy just thinking about it! and there was a big brown spider on her face...right by her eye. Ya, you heard me right...a spider on her face. I jumped up and in that moment I knew I had to stay calm because I didn't want her to freak out like I was about to do. I took the remote and swiped it off her face and she must have felt it right then because she started shaking it off and yelling there's a spider on me!!
I grabbed her and I went upstairs to get one of Tyler's shoes. (I can't use my shoes because then I wont be able to wear them for a while...until I forget that I killed a spider with that shoe.) I started going through her dress ups and shaking them out. mind you, I am on a chair so the dang thing wont crawl on my foot. I see it trying to get away and I smash it with Tyler's shoe. It wasn't all the way dead, but i scooped it up on a little peice of cardboard that was laying around.
I took a picture of it and looked it up online and I am pretty sure that it is a wolf spider...or a grass spider. If anyone knows from this picture, let me know.
I was way more freaked out than Sadie was....I am still trying to recover from seeing a huge spider on her face.
Weight Lost, for good
15 years ago

12 comments:
YUCK!!! I would have freaked out too!!! that is one ugly spider!
Holy crap! That is huge! I would have reacted the same way as you. Yuck!!!
GROSS!! I think it's a wolf spider, but only because he have them all the way over here...next door. I would have freaked out too!
That is so nasty! I am having flashbacks from living in Logan and crawling into bed one night, only to feel a HUGE, GIGANTIC HOBO SPIDER crawl on my arm. It took me so long to calm down, I was crying hysterically and David couldn't get me calmed down. There are still times when I have to check the bed before I turn out the light for fear and cuddling up with another spider. I am glad Sadie wasn't more freaked out! I think I probably hate spiders as much as you, I am the same way with my shoes. Too funny!
EEEWW That would scare me soooooo bad!!!!!
i like to put spider bait all over me and let them crawl along my body. jon
Are you serious??? I am totally freaked out now! I hate spiders and that one is nasty. Poor Sadie! I probably would have started screaming like crazy!
Ewwww!! I hate spiders!! Reading that post made me all itchy and grossed out!! I'm glad you caught it and killed it! Yuck!!
i'm sorry, but that made me laugh...how did a spider get on her face?!!! so gross and I'm relieved to know it didn't bite.
That looks huge! I don't know how you even brought yourself to kill it, nasty.
AHHH!! I am freaking out right now!! That is one of my worst fears- seriously. I had a huge spider on my couch a few months ago and made my neighbor come kill it! Good job super mom!
oh my gosh that is so gross. poor sadie... good job staying calm though, i don't think i could have remained that calm.yuck!
Post a Comment