Monday, May 25, 2009

nashville here we are

So we made it Nashville a week ago and we have been trying to unpack and get everything in order. It has been a lot of work, but we are finally seeing the end of all this mess.

I want to acknowledge my mom and Jean for all the help that they gave us. We could not have done it with out them! Jean came out to Omaha and took Parker and Sadie back to Utah with her and then had them there for 2 weeks while we packed up our house and drove to Nashville. Thanks to everyone at the Rass's for helping out. When my kids are with you guys I know that they are being taken care of, having fun and getting REALLY spoiled!

My mom was so awesome to fly out to Omaha, help us pack and then drive to Nashville with us. I don't know how I could have driven with Ella with out someone else with me (Tyler was driving the truck). She was so great and we actually had a really fun time. We made up a couple games to play when things got a little boring...and we were laughing our heads off.

We have the best family ever! We are so thankful for all of you and we love you so much!

Having said that....we are finally in Nashville. We drove out here with our 26 foot truck and no where to live. We luckily found a great place with in the first day and we were moved in by the time the kids got here. By moved in, I mean boxes everywhere...still full and only the kids beds put up. But at least we got everything out of the truck. Let me rephrase that...at least Tyler got everything out of the truck. We called our ward to see if we could get some help moving in and no one showed up. It was only 2 days in advance that we called, so it was short notice, but ya not one person showed up. I helped with what I could, but Tyler did almost the whole thing by himself. There were a few items that he had to wait on and luckily the guy that we are renting our place from showed up to finish some stuff at the house and so he helped Tyler.

We heard the best things about Nashville before we moved here. In fact, we never heard one bad thing from anyone and it is surprising how many people we talked to that either lived here or knew someone that lived here or just visited and loved it. I have to say....it is all true. I absolutely love it here! I didn't think that I would love it here so much...granted I have only been here a week. But it really is such a great place...so beautiful...and they have a Chik Fil A right by us. I have been waiting 3 long years to live by a chik fil a. I am not sure that we are going to be ready to move from here in a year.

We went to church Sunday and we have a great ward. Everyone was so nice and inviting. We went to the zoo a couple days ago and the kids loved it. I missed the aquarium at the Omaha zoo and the butterfly exhibit, but they have this playground at this zoo that is so fun. The playground makes up for the lack of a good aquarium. We will probably go there just for this playground. Way fun!

Sadie has met some new friends that she loves to play with. She misses her friends in Omaha though. She has some pictures of them that she keeps in her back pack. She wants to send them all a card to let them know she misses them..so when we get all settled we are going to do that. I miss everyone at the green! Make some orange julius's and do some porch monkeying for us. :)

13 comments:

todd and jeanette said...

thanks for the update- i have been thinking about you guys. i am so glad you like tenn. i admire you for making that long drive!!!

The Bailey's said...

I am glad you guys made it there safe and are getting settled in. What a blessing to find a place so fast and that you love it. It is comforting to me that there are other good places beside The Green. maybe I can move in a year too:) Have fun and keep us posted!

The Johnsons said...

I am glad that you are all settled and some what unpacked. I was sad that no one showed up to help Tyler, especially after watching Joseph load and unload a million people. We miss you!! Owen still walks outside and points at your house and says PAHK-AH??!! We would love to get a card in the mail so that Kael could send one back!!

aimee said...

Good luck on your next adventure in Nashville. I can't believe you moved there not knowing where you were going to live. So daring, I know I could never do that :) I know nothing about Nashville so you'll have to keep us updated.

Danielle said...

Moving is so bittersweet. I just think about two years ago when we leave Chicago and it makes me so sad. We made such good friends there. Your kids are adorable.

Brittany said...

Wow! I can't believe you guys are in Nashville! That's crazy but exciting!! Oh I love Chick Fil A so I'm jelous that you live so close to one! I feel really bad that you Tyler had to move all of your stuff in.:( Poor guy! I hope everything goes well in Nashville! Keep us updated!

Maranda said...

You guys are brave to drive out there without any ideas of where to live. I can't believe you are in Nashville! Hope it will be an awesome experience for you. Do you plan on staying there long term?

Angelle said...

It sounds like Nashville will be an awesome place to live. Don't get too attached, we want you back here in UT!

8426 STICKNEY AVE said...

It is so hard to move. I had such a hard time moving from the V.G., I love where I live now. I am glad you like it. I wish we had chick fil a.....

Kim and Justin said...

I'm so glad you guys love it there. Now I'm trying to talk Justin into moving there for a few years! Justin will have to call Tyler in a few months and get the in with Nashville dentists. We miss you guys here, the green is forever changed with out our "seniors"!

Morgan & Jared Hochstettler said...

Moving totally sucks! I'm glad you made it out there in good spirits though.;o) We will miss you guys. Try your hardest to develop a country twang in your accent before you leave next year- just for fun.

danberg said...

glad you made it safely! what a fun adventure to live in nashville! enjoy it, dan and i love to visit the south - his family is in louisiana and mississippi.

Tiffannee Boss said...

Hey Guys, I Just wanted to say congrats. I know with everyone leaving it was so hectic around here but I'm glad you love it there. I feel like we should have been leaving with everyone. We totally miss you guys (T.J. especially misses J.T.) and these pics of ella are so dang cute. We would love to come see you guys out there:) Hint Hint...Jk but really though how fun. we are so excited for you.