Wow it has been a while since I have blogged. We just got back last night from a long trip to Utah. I can't believe that Christmas has passed and it is a new year. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We sure did. Christmas was a blast. We went up to Cedar City with my family and rented an incredible cabin right on the Brian Head ski resort. We barely saw Sadie because she played with her cousins the whole time and wouldn't even give us the time of day. She is so funny when she gets with all her cousins...they all play together so well. One thing about Sadie, and I am going to brag just a tad, is that she can play with all ages of kids and doesn't get bored. It is so nice that she can adapt so well and have fun no matter what she is doing.
So up at Brian Head we sled down this hill, well it was actually the road, but it was a blast! Even Parker was sledding down with everyone. The snow was perfect and everything. A few days later, Tyler and I decide to take Sadie and Parker again just by ourselves. It had just snowed a lot and it was perfect....so we thought. We go down the first run and at the bottom was this light brownish ice, so we got off our sleds and start walking up. All of a sudden it started to really smell like poop, so Tyler starts to investigate into this gross smell and brown ice and realizes that the septic take from the next door cabin was draining into the road...aka....our sledding hill. So in the process of stopping ourselves with our hands (gloves on, of course) we got a little of the "brown" snow on our jackets and gloves. It was pretty funny to say the least.
Snowboarding was so much fun. We hadn't been snowboarding in like 5 years, or even longer. I thought that I was going to be like a beginner, but I picked it up again pretty fast. Skiing is another story. I didn't pick it up fast nor did I enjoy it. Sorry all you skiers out there. Snowboarding is way more fun!! We almost took Sadie to teach her, but decided that she would have more fun if she was a little older. My two nephews Dallin and Jadon live in California so they have never been snowboarding and I have to tell you, they rocked!! Dallin was carving on the first run. I guess having a boat and wake boarding all summer helped them. Apparently wake boarding is about the same, just in water?! Rob, maybe next year. Just kidding, you did awesome! I hope we can go again next year.
It was so great to see our families and all our friends! Thanks for everything while we were there. We love you all!
Weight Lost, for good
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment