For Labor Day we thought it would be fun to make a slip and slide. So, Jon and Dan went to Home Depot and bought a 100 ft. plastic something....I'm not quite sure what it is called but we went across the street and put it down this big hill. Tyler hooked a bunch of hoses together so that it would reach across the street and then those that went down lathered up in dish soap so that they would go faster. It was hilarious to watch everyone go down. They brought a little raft over and so I decided that it didn't seem to dangerous me for, being pregnant, to do it on the raft. I had Sadie sitting in front of me between my legs and Jenny was on the back. We were going slow at first and then we got going pretty fast. My foot went through the plastic a couple times and made holes in it and I am pretty sure that was when I got this humongous bruise on my leg. The bruise makes it look a lot more dangerous than it really was. Actually everyone had bruises and scrapes all over their bodies. But they all went down on their stomachs and backs. I think that I can speak for all of them and say that it was all worth it. (I don't think that I would do it again though). Sadie and Parker both went down and Olivia, Brad and Jackis's little girl went down too with her dad. She wasn't very happy about it. Sadie went down by herself a few times on her bum...I was impressed.
Here are some pictures and videos of the fun day.

sadie & riley on the raft

the big ol' bruise that i got

the repair crew working so hard to fix all the holes that i made (sorry!)
tyler
keri and sadie
matt godfrey going down. i think he had the record for sliding the farthest.
7 comments:
YES!!!!!
Yikes! That is a huge bruise. I don't know if I would have done that or not. You are pretty brave.
That is hilarious!! And it looks like so much fun!! I already miss Omaha & that makes me really miss it! You guys always have so much fun! That bruise looks brutal though. Pregnant mommies probably shouldn't be going down slip 'n slides.:)
Why do I have the feeling Tyler came up with this idea!!! He is so funny and always makes things just a little more fun. You guys have so much fun, I love it.
That is Hilarious! I totally heard about this from Brad and Jackie! I'm actually really sad I wasn't there to see it, or try it!!
That looks like so much fun! Riley would have loved going down that!
We loved having Tyler. I feel bad that we didn't get to do much. Thats residency! Last week was crazy. It's not always that busy. We sometimes have time to do something. Tell Tyler sorry again about our dead friend.
Post a Comment