Saturday, December 6, 2008

Her Little Shadows

I saw a young mother with eyes full of laughter
And two little shadows came following after.
Wherever she moved, they were always right there -
Holding onto her skirts hanging onto her chair,
Before her, behind her - an adhesive pair.

"Don't you ever get weary as, day after day,
Your two little tag-alongs get in your way?"

She smiled as she shook her pretty young head,
And I'll always remember the words that she said.
It's good to have shadows that run when you run,
That laugh when you're happy and hum when you hum -
For you only have shadows when your life's filled with sun.


I love this poem because it reminds me to enjoy this time in my life more...even when I don't want Parker following me around EVERYWHERE!! I can't even go to the bathroom by myself. He is up there with in 30 seconds of me getting to the bathroom and he is waiting to flush the toilet for me.

Sadie always wants me to play polly pockets with her and I have to say exactly what she wants me to say...does it get tiring? Sometimes. But I would not want it any other way.

I love my little shadows!!


6 comments:

Debbie Thomas said...

I love that poem. I am stealing it for my blog. You are the best Mom and the cutest one too. I am soooo envious that you get to hold little Ella Kate this week. You are so lucky, enjoy every second, pretty soon Sadie will be texting boys and going to ballet on point shoes. I love you Bon good luck this week.

Missy said...

That is a really cute poem! Ryan is the same way...he always has to follow me to the bathroom!
That picture is really cute!

Good luck with everything this week! Just send Sadie and Parker over if you need any help!

Brittany said...

What a cute poem! Your such a cute mom Bonnie!

danberg said...

love the poem, and your ramblings on the previous post. good to hear what's up. i am excited for you - to have a baby and not be pregnant anymore. how fun. i know you mentioned sleepless nights, and i have to tell you, have you read 'On Becoming Babywise'? Its a great book, and Emmy was sleeping six hours by four weeks, and eight hours by eight weeks with following some of the advice i read in there. a friend recommended it to me, and i didn't agree or follow everything exactly as they say, but i did apply some of the basic things they recommend, and i think it made a big difference. Anyway, just a thought :) love you bon bon!

Angie said...

What a great poem to remind us of how blessed we are to have "shadows"

Meggan said...

So cute and your little bump is also. I am so sad we wont be able to see you guys. Keep us updated on the baby :)